- Feb 24 2022
- 9:00 am
Jakkalsvlei Social Event
It’s time for our first GRMC social event of the year – lunch at the breathtaking Jakkalsvlei Winery in Herbertsdale on Thursday 24 February.
Jakkalsvlei is situated 40km inland from the ocean next to the Langeberg Mountains. There are beautiful views over the vineyards, looking out into the mountains, along with a lovely airy restaurant. Our visit is during the grape picking season, so along with lunch, fine wines and good company, you will be able to pick your own table grapes for R15/kg!
Jakkalsvlei is 160km from Knysna and about a two and a half hour drive. Final logistics will be confirmed nearer the time, but broadly we will look to leave Knysna around 9:00, stopping at Sedgefield (9:30), George (10:00) and Mossel Bay (Engen Garage 10:45, leaving 11:00), to pick members up along the route, and then driving up to the winery.
What you need to know:
- If you plan to pick grapes, you’re advised to do it before you sit down for lunch! Remember to bring your own scissors and basket for the grapes, and don’t forget a sunhat – it can get very hot.
- You will be responsible for your own food and beverage charges.
- Tables are booked in the restaurant from 12:00 and will be in groups of 10-15 pax, depending on final confirmed numbers of attendees. There will be one bill per table, no split billing (it’s busy season).
- The venue will reserve their tar car park for our use so no need to drive your classic cars onto the gravel car park!
- Visit the website at www.jakkalsvlei.co.za for more information on the winery and the restaurant. The full restaurant menu is also on the website if you want to take a look.
- Please don’t forget to wear a mask – no mask, no entry.
If you plan to attend:
- Please reply to this email (email@example.com) letting me know you’re planning on coming, and the number in your party.
- I need to confirm final numbers to Jakkalsvlei by Thursday 17 February, so please ensure you confirm your attendance by then.
Looking forward to a great day out! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.