Lunch at Jakkalsvlei Wine Estate
Our February outing will give you a great opportunity to give your classic a good run to Jackalsvlei Wine farm in Herbertsdale. The distance from Knysna is about 160 km. Since February is the month of love, you should take this opportunity to give your Valentine a treat. THIS EVENT HAS BEEN FULLY SUBSCRIBED
We have booked at their restaurant where you will be spoiled for choice from:
- Black board special dishes on weekends are said to be popular
- Build your own burger. Handmade 180g Burger served with Salad & French Fries – R98 (Beef, Chicken or Warthog). There is a large choice of extra toppings available to dress up your burger
- Or you can choose to have 3 sliders : Beef, Chicken with Cranberry Sauce and Warthog with Onion Marmalade- R135
- Build a Pizza. R45 PER BASE (Includes tomato purée & mozzarella) and a wide range of extra toppings.
- If you are not feeling creative, you can choose from their gourmet Pizzas averaging R150- 180
- Finally, you may also design and build your own bespoke Cheese Platter.
- Jackalsvlei offers a range of 8 wine cultivars, white, red and sweet of top quality. (Hint- if you like Pinotage, you will LOVE Jackalsvlei)
- You may buy wine by the bottle or glass or choose to have a Wine Tasting of all 8 varietals for R50
- Those who love the sweet Hanepoot grapes that mature in February can look forward to picking your own on the farm at a charge of just R15 per kg. If you are going to partake please remember to bring your own scissors, basket or bucket.
Because of the extensive choices available, it is not practical to collect the lunch moneys beforehand so you will be responsible, together with your table companions, for settling your own bill. Tables of 8-10 will be available. If you would like to surf the entire menu it will be found at : https://jakkalsvlei.co.za/restaurant/
Should you be joining us please send a confirmation email to Brian Gibson : email@example.com
Meet at the Knysna Quays on Sunday 16 Feb at 10:00 for departure at 10:10 sharp.